Bro Rex, 75 yo, was a long time member of our Alabang Action Group Guapos together w/ Tatang Louie Morales until the end. Survived by his wife Marilyn & children. He was one of the Reformist of the Edsa People Power Revolution together w/ the RAM (Reform the Armed Forces Movement) Boys of Ponce Enrile & Fidel Ramos.
Eulogy for Commodore Rex Robles (rip 7/7/2020) final cut - 7/10/2020 To Brother In Christ Rex Robles & Family, please allow me a few recollections of our friend & Bcbp colleague ... in doing this my tribute, I will lace over what’s reported in mass media and delve up close & personal into the way I knew him.
1) The Latin word Rex means King or Monarch. I now know why Alexander “King” is named Rex’s first born child. The Greek equivalent of Rex is Archon, meaning leader, ruler, chieftain. No small wonder why Rex was not only a Commodore of the PH Navy but was one of the Chieftains of the RAM Forces against the Dictatorship Regime.
2) In Greek mythology, persons born in May are driven to succeed. He was Strong-willed and deeply emotional, he seemed to possess an innate sixth sense that helped them navigate through life (perhaps the reason he chose the Navy out of PMA ‘65), stubborn at intersections of his path, but critical, systematic in his ways of thinking that helped him get stuff done. At times he would be emotional, very sensitive. ... to the tipping point of quick to anger, because of his sensitivity ... but his sheer logic wins over knee jerk emotions at the end of the day. He was restless, not in a bad way, due to his overarching goal as a Reformist for a Sovereign Pilipino State for the greater good of the greatest number of his constituents that consumed his Mission & Vision In life. Hence his claim to fame was prominently displayed w/ the those of the RAM Boys of the Edsa People Power Revolution. Self motivated, calculating, reasonably cool.
3) In parts of his military career & civilian life, he was for most calm under great pressure since he could solve problems and difficulties in work or life with his hard work, ambition, and intelligence & trustworthiness. Loved to travel, a money spender, but spendthrift in many other ways. As his one time Action Group Leader of the AG ‘Guapos’ of the BCBP Alabang Chapter, he would reach me out on various occasions on a wide range of unsuspecting topics as : - how & how much to build a swimming pool, - how to do business w/ the Japanese, - the secrecy of his consulting work w/ accomplished businessmen & private corporations. ... I’m relating these just to illustrate the width & breath of his interests.
4) A good slice of him was his charm & attractive personality, good looking specially in Navy uniform. He was a wide reader, avid in literature & the arts, but disliked being indoors that was why he liked adventure even into remote places in Mindanao & other parts of the Phils. Adapted well to new situations. Joyful attitude in life. Quick to return favor. Honest. Independent (to the extent of being labeled a bit of a dark horse), secretive. Loved attention. Dreamt big.
5) Our conversations at Bcbp Action Group Meetings & Other Activities would reveal his preference for (& took pity) redemption for the less fortunate (that probably was a key motivating factor for his acceptance of Prez Duterte appointment as adviser to the Constitutional Commission for Federalism). Diplomatic, consoling, sharp debating skills (as displayed in the Feliciano Commission investigating the Oakwood Mutiny).
6) Farewell my Captain Rex in your walk with our Lord Jesus Christ on earth & onto your journey & eternal rest into the arms of your Creator. May your Robles Family find peace & atonement in the thought that Brother Rex will be in a better place henceforth. May God bless his soul.
Shalom! Jimmy Castro Co-member
BCBP Alabang Action Group Guapos
9 PM Anti-CoVID-19 Pastoral Care & Daily Prayer Brigade on Zoom PRAYERS & SERVERS *
Opening / Exhortation - Dan Rivera *20 Seconds of silence to reflect the reading and ask for forgiveness of our sins as a sign of humility.
* Act of Contrition - Ejah
* Thanksgiving – Kat Navarro
* Special Intentions (Healing) – David Romanillos / Trisha Talaboc
* Prayer for Protection – Lester Docdocil
* Special Intentions (Eternal Repose) Lau Navarro
*Personal Intentions - Everyone
* PRAYER BEFORE THE ROSARY: Gianna Barga 5 Joyful Mysteries
* Apostles Creed, Our Father/3HailMary/GloryBe: Gavin Barga
1st Mystery: Ashley Mae Avanceña
2nd Mystery: Kate Guerrerro
3rd Mystery: Andrea Nicole Avanceña
4th Mystery: Ejah
5th Mystery: Alyssa Joyce Avanceña
*Hail Holy Queen / Ending Rosary Prayer / Litany: Rona Silmonet / Trisha Talaboc
1/4: Johnne Clifford Avanceña
2/4: David Romanillos / JM Navarro
3/4: Lester Docdocil
4/4: Lau Navarro / Kat Navarro *Prayer for St. Joseph – JM Navarro
*Closing Prayers – Trisha Talaboc
*Announcements – Dan Rivera
*Closing Song – Prayer of St. Francis
Please join the Millenials, Singles and Youth of our community tonight for the 9pm Prayers against CoVID-19.
To join the Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID #:
Password # to join